Questions You Should Ask a Prospective Billing Partner
Asking the right questions is critically important when considering a new dental billing partner. These questions will guide you in vetting the billing company, to ensure you receive quality services that meet the specific needs of your practice.
1. Are specific metrics utilized to assess the performance of the dental billing partner? If so, what data is tracked and how is it reported?
2. How and when will the dental billing partner communicate with your practice? What type(s) of information will be delivered through those communications?
3. How is the billing partner’s company structured and what support team and resources will be deployed to your practice?
4. What steps will the dental billing partner take to deliver service, and why are those steps optimal relative to other options in the market?
5. What examples can the dental billing partner provide to demonstrate how they have historically provided
exceptional outcomes? Do they have reviews, endorsements, and/or current clients willing to share their experiences with you?
Every practice is unique, and as the practice owner, you have distinct goals and objectives aligned with your short and long-term growth plan. Taking the time to ask the right questions will help you identify the best partner to support your dental billing processes and improve the financial position of your practice.